Tuesday 5 August 2014

Grading Him by Elizabeth Lynx


Josephine Powell is an intelligent assistant professor of Psychology. She is a woman who knows what she wants, a man she would be happy giving a grade A to in the bedroom. Unfortunately, she has yet to meet a man that even comes close. She’s tired of dealing with men who just don’t try; she needs a man who can handle her and her needs.
Pierce Carver is a smart man. So, smart he got out of the slums of Baltimore to go to MIT and make a lot of money so he never has to visit his old neighborhood ever again. He’s not interested in making money anymore; he’s interested in only two things, his charity to help inner city youth and woman. The later he prefers variety, as in one good lay and then out the door you go. Women are for sex and nothing more.
Josephine meet Pierce.
Pierce meet Josephine.
Can they handle what each wants and needs?




Thank you to Elizabeth for sending me a copy of this book for review! I was intrigued from reading the blurb and decided to read it straight away!

The story is very short but it gives you the perfect insight into the start of Josephine and Pierce’s ‘relationship’. I love that it is written all in one night and we get a view of the events from both characters. This allows you straight away to fall for both of them. There is so much emotion, passion and reality in each character and I was sucked in from the first paragraph.
I usually hate the male characters in books like this but Pierce is different, although he first comes across as a bit of a player, he is not controlling as you find almost all male characters are, that is what I hate! Instead he is very like-able and treats Josephine really well. Josephine is a strong, confident woman who although is completely obsessed by Pierce keeps him on his toes and has him falling at her feet. I love this idea of having the woman as the stronger character because you don’t often find this and it shows women can be just as powerful as men!

I finished this book in an hour and loved it! Elizabeth completely leaves you wanting more and I don’t want to have to wait until September for the next part (a month is just too long)! I know I will be wishing the days away until then! I would recommend this book to anybody! It is a short, sexy and completely addictive read! Elizabeth is definitely a writer to watch out for! She gets a well deserved 5 stars from me! Hurry up September!



2 comments:

  1. I posted a comment, but I guess it didn't take, so if you see it twice, you know why. All I can say is WOW! Thank you so much for your review. I am so flattered by your words. I'll make sure to keep you posted on all things Josephine and Pierce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I loved the book and yes definitely keep me posted please! I will definitely be reading the next one!

    ReplyDelete