Tuesday 14 July 2015

The Bookshop on the Corner by Rebecca Raisin


Who said that only real heroes could be found in fiction?

Sarah Smith had an addiction – she was addicted to romance novels. The meet-cute, the passion, the drama and the gorgeous men! Now this wouldn’t have been such an issue if she hadn’t been the owner of the only bookshop in Ashford, Connecticut.

Ever since her close friend Lil, from The Gingerbread Café, had become engaged she had been yearning for a little love to turn up in her life. Except Sarah knew a good man was hard to find – especially in a tiny town like Ashford. That was until New York journalist, Ridge Warner stepped into her bookshop…

Love could be just around the corner for Sarah, but will she be able to truly believe that happy-ever-after can happen in real-life too!


This book is PERFECT! Being a huge book lover myself I knew I would enjoy this book but I had no idea how much. I have seen the hype surrounding Rebecca's books but having never read any of them before I was new to her writing style, description and her storytelling. She is one of those author's that has the ability to suck you in from the first sentence and keep you there until the end. I finished this book in a day because I couldn't put it down!

Our main character, Sarah Smith, is a massive lover of romance novels and lives her life through her books. She somebody that a lot of people will be able to relate to, I know I did straight away but I think that was because she is pretty much me, she is a bookworm, obsessed by romance novels and she blogs about books, see the similarities? She has her own little heaven in her book shop (which I am dying to visit) and is enjoying her daily fictional romances with her book boyfriends. That is until somebody enters her life which makes he question whether romance novels can actually come true!

Having not read any of the Gingerbread Cafe books, I wasn't familiar with the other characters or the town in which the book is set, but that didn't matter. Rebecca still introduced them brilliantly so that newcomers would get to know them and previous readers just get a refresher. Rebecca made CeeCee, Missy and Lil, Sarah's best friends, so fun and easy to like, you want them to be your best friends as soon as you meet them.
The way Rebecca describes Ashford, which is such a quirky and unusual place compared to the big cities, makes it become somewhere magical that you want to hop on a plane, find and never leave!

The thing I love most about this book is Rebecca's writing, she takes you on a journey that you never want to end with her beautiful writing and amazing settings.

After finishing this book I have no idea why I have waited so long to read one of Rebecca's books! This is the perfect summer read that anybody will relate to and enjoy. It is a heart-warming, romantic novel packed with love, fun and friendship. This will definitely not be the last of Rebecca's novels I read, the rest of the series is going straight on my TBR, as will any new releases! What are you waiting for, go and buy this book, now!



2 comments:

  1. I have this book on my kindle waiting to be read. I think after readig your glowing review, I have just bumped it up to 'next on my to read list!' Thanks. I think I will enjoy it as much as you did.
    Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,
      So glad you enjoyed my review and I am sure you will love the book! Let me know what you thought when you have read it!
      Emma xx

      Delete