Thursday 1 May 2014

Book Tag - My Reading Habits

Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

I will usually read where ever I am sitting, but my favourite places are curled up on the sofa or snuggled up in bed.


Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Bookmarks! I used to have loads of book marks as a child and as I got older (mainly into my teens), I just didn't bother with them anymore so it was usually just a receipt, a train ticket, or anything I could get my hands on at the time of closing the book. However now I couldn't read a book without one, I only have two, one is a metal letter E and one is one that my sister bought me about 3 years ago, it has a lovely little verse on it so that is my favourite!

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?

I usually refuse to stop reading until I have reached the end of a chapter, even when I am almost at my stop on the bus I have to try, although I am probably going to regret that one day when I miss my stop!

Do you eat or drink while reading?

I don't eat meals or anything but I do love to eat a nice bit of chocolate or sit with a cup of milk or tea.

Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?

I usually do have the TV on but I don't pay any attention to it, if I am really into a book I will just sit down without even thinking to switch the TV on. When I am on the bus to/from work I listen to music through my headphones as I like to block out everybody's conversations around me and just get stuck in.

One book at a time or several at once?

I have a really bad habit of starting a book and if I don't have time to read it much due to work or other things, then I see another book I will start reading that, but then I won't go back to the first one until I have finished.

Reading at home or everywhere?

I'd like to say everywhere but with work etc, it is hard so I mainly read at home and on the bus to/ from work.

Reading out loud or silently in your head?

I read in my head.

Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?

I have peeked at the back pages of a book a few times (I have no idea why), and I remember finding out something that I didn't expect, so now I never skip.

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

I love books to look like new but that is very hard when it is being carted around in my bag all day every day, so when I can I try to keep them looking nice but if they can't then hey who cares!

Do you write in your books?

No way!


Anybody that would like to do this book tag feel free.. I tag everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment