Thursday 8 May 2014

Book Blogger 'Get To Know Me' Tag

Tell us five random facts about you. 

I'm not very good at things like this as I can never think of anything interesting about myself but here goes...

  • I’m from Liverpool in England. It really isn't as bad as people think, we aren't all thieves, we don't have fights at the drop of a hat, we're actually really friendly people who all stick together in times of need. I went through a phase a few years ago of absolutely hating it but now I've realised what an amazing city it is full of history and culture. I grew up in a little village in Liverpool, 5 minutes away from the beach, which was lovely. 
  • I am a huge animal lover and have been a vegetarian for 8 years. 
  • I have never had an operation, broken a bone or even been in hospital overnight. 
  • Audrey Hepburn is my idol! I love everything about her! 
  • I have a strange obsession with Disney mugs or just mugs in general really, our cupboard is far too full with so many mugs but I can't bring myself to throw any out. 
When is your birthday?


The 20th of April. I love birthday's! Were I work we get a 'free' holiday when it's our birthday so that's great and I always get excited a few weeks before. This year my birthday was on Easter Sunday so as well as presents I got lots of chocolate! 

What is your favourite colour?


Purple! I love purple!

What is your favourite memory?


I have so many great memories of family holidays each summer when I was younger, but I would have to say that now my favourite memory is the day that my fiance proposed to me, that is something I will never forget and it will never fail to make me smile.

Describe a day in your life.


Well, on an average weekday I get up at aound 7am, get ready, feed myself, my rabbit and my fish and leave the house at about 8.15 to catch my bus to work (I have a full-time job working as a Health & Safety Assistant in a Law firm). It only takes me around 15 minutes to get into the city centre (when the traffic isn't too bad that is) so I will usually read a little bit of a book on my Kindle. My day is usually spend sitting behind a desk sending emails etc, but sometimes I will have to travel around the country to visit different offices. I have lunch consitsting of a sandwich, crisps and usually some chocolate at 1pm, I always make sure I leave the office to get a bit of fresh air at lunchtime. I go back in at 2pm and spend until 5pm working, I then walk to the bus stop and get the bus which usually comes at around 5.10pm, I am then home for around 5.40pm. My fiance sometimes has my dinner ready if he is awake (he works night shifts), if not I wake him up and we cook dinner together. We then spend the rest of the night relaxing watching TV until he has to go to work at 9.30pm. Once he has gone I will catch up on TV or reading then go to bed at around 10.30pm.

Name five of your favourite songs.


I can never choose a favourite song so 5 might be pushing it haha...
Flaws - Bastille
Shine A Light - McFly
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Go Gentle - Robbie Williams 
Amazed - Lonestar

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?


I think I would have to say Pizza or Cheese (I love cheese!)

What is something you really dislike?


Spiders!

Summer or winter?


We hardly ever get a warm summer in Britain but when we do I love summer. But I think for this I would have to say winter, I love being all cosy and warm inside by the fire or outside wrapped up in jumpers and scarves. Also my favourite time of year is Christmas so I have to say winter.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where you would live and why?


I would have to say either Australia or the Lake District, because well who wouldn't want to live in Australia and I have been to the Lake District so many times in my life and it never gets boring, it is such a beautiful place.

Name five of your favourite films.


The Notebook, Dear John, Pearl Harbour, The Hunger Games and all of the Harry Potter films (they count as one, right?)

If you won the lottery what would you buy?


I get myself and my fiance a house somewhere that we would love to live (with a huge library for me of course), give my family all some money each. Pay for our wedding! Go on a Disneyland or Caribbean holiday. Then sort out everything that needs paying off etc, and put some money away for later in life.

Favourite day of the week?


Friday because it means it's my last day in work for the week and the start of the weekend!

What three things would you take to a desert island with you?


My fiance, my favourite book and some chocolate! 

Sweet or savoury?


Sweet! I have a huge sweet tooth!


Early bird or night owl?


Early bird, mainly because I can't usually stay up past 10.30! I need my sleep!

Name five of your favourite books. 


One Day - David Nicholls
The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
Looking for Alaska - John Green
Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling (all of them)
PS I Love You - Cecelia Ahern

Favourite drink?


Tea or Milk!

Favourite animal?


Dolphins, but also rabbits because they are so cute and fluffy, but mine is the best! 
See?!


Who do you tag next?


Anybody that is reading this and wants to have a go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment