Thursday 4 September 2014

Beautiful Day - Elin Hilderbrand


The Carmichaels and the Grahams have gathered on Nantucket for a happy occasion: a wedding that will unite their two families. Plans are being made according to the wishes of the bride's late mother, who left behind The Notebook: specific instructions for every detail of her youngest daughter's future nuptials. Everything should be falling into place for the beautiful event -- but in reality, things are falling apart.

While the couple-to-be are quite happy, their loved ones find their lives crumbling. In the days leading up to the wedding, love will be questioned, scandals will arise, and hearts will be broken and healed. Elin Hilderbrand takes readers on a touching journey in BEAUTIFUL DAY -- into the heart of marriage, what it means to be faithful, and how we choose to honor our commitments.



This is the first book by Elin that I have read and although I had heard a few good things I still wasn't too sure of her writing style or genre when starting this book. I love the cover of this book and it looked as if it was about a wedding (which I am a sucker for), so I wanted to read this straight away.
As soon as I started reading this book I knew I was going to enjoy it, the writing style was great from the start, Elin described everything in such detail it made it very easy for you to imagine yourself as part of the story.

What I loved most about this book is that although it is about an upcoming wedding it was not written from the brides point of view as you would normally find, it is written from her father and sister, this separates this novel from others straight away and makes it more intriguing. I would of liked to see the brides thoughts and feelings at some point but I think by not doing this it shows how great a writer Elin as she makes you think and has written her novel different to how most other authors would of done.

This novel covers many different topics and makes you feel so many different emotions,
I would urge everybody to get a copy of this book as it is a great summer read that you can get through in no time. I am definitely going to read more novels by Elin as her writing style is just perfect and if this book is anything to go by all of her books will be great!




No comments:

Post a Comment