Tuesday 16 September 2014

A Place for Us (Part 2) by Harriet Evans


The day Martha Winter decided to tear apart her family began like any other day.

The house has soft, purple wisteria twining around the door. You step inside.

The hall is cool after the hot summer's day. The welcome is kind, and always warm.

Yet something makes you suspect life here can't be as perfect as it seems.

After all, the brightest smile can hide the darkest secret.

But wouldn't you pay any price to have a glorious place like this?
Welcome to Winterfold.
Martha Winter's family is finally coming home.



After how much I adored Part 1, I was so excited when I saw Part 2 available for review. Although it wasn't long ago I read the first part it feels like I have been waiting forever seeing as how part 1 left us hanging! This is the first Harriet Evans novel I have read and am loving it so far.

I don't want to say too much as you need to read the first part to understand what is going on but in the short first part we briefly met Martha and her family as she has invited them all home to celebrate her 80th birthday. However, she has other intentions, which we were left on at the end of the first part of the story. This made me so excited to start part 2 because I wanted to see what would happen next and how the family would react.

I adore Harriet's writing style! You don't find it difficult to read or stay hooked to her story. She just makes you glide through the story with such ease and the plot just instantly has you hooked. I think this part is the best so far as we get to see more of the family and get to know them further, we also feel a lot more emotion in the story and with the story.

I am now so excited to read Part 3 has yet again we are left on a cliffhanger! 



Read my review of Part 1 here:


No comments:

Post a Comment