Friday 11 July 2014

The Fault In Our Stars finally happened!

So last night I finally went to see The Fault In Our Stars film adaptation. Ever since I found out it was being made into a film back in February, I have been so excited for the day I finally got to see it, but as the release day got closer although I was still excited I started having doubts, would it live up to the book? Would all important parts be included? Would the actors be right to play Hazel and Gus? The list goes on... The Fault In Our Stars is one of my favourite books ever so I would of hated it to be ruined and something else I wanted was for people that hadn't read the book to still feel the same magic you feel when reading.

I read this book over 2 years ago now but I could still remember everything that happened and all of the amazing quotes and feelings John Green put into the book. That is another reason why I was worried the film wouldn't do it justice, if you miss out some of these then the story just couldn't play out in the way it is supposed to.

After now having seen the film I can say I am SO happy! It was exactly like the book and everything that was important was there, being played out on the big screen! Shailene Woodley (Hazel) and Ansel Elgort (Augustus) were perfect choices to play the two main characters, they played the roles perfectly and just how you would imagine them in your head. They put so much emotion into the film and life into the already brilliant story. Aside from the acting, the set and everything in the film, even down to the clothes the characters wore, were exactly how John Green wrote them. I cried in the cinema whilst watching this film, that shows how emotional the film is because I rarely cry at films and never in public, but I just couldn't stop the tears from escaping!

I don't know what it is but John Green's books speak to me in a way that no other books ever have, each one that I have read has made me really think and focus on the good things in life, and value everything I have. They are the perfect novels to turn into films as they all carry such strong messages throughout. I vote for Looking For Alaska to also be made into a film! Pretty please?!

I would recommend that everybody goes to see this film, but please read the book first haha! Here is a link to my review of the book

No comments:

Post a Comment